William walks now, and it’s so cute to see him become even more a part of our activity. The cutest thing so far? Last night, Ryan had both boys on his lap, reading a bedtime story in the rocking chair in their room. Suddenly, William slipped off his lap, toddled to the bed and grabbed [...]
Archive for March, 2010
Both boys are napping, and I am sitting in quiet. This has not happened for over a week, thanks to the constant buzz of our current happenings. Can I just say: a bit of quiet in the afternoon is really nice.
Especially when the afternoon quiet occurs in a family room with panoramic views. From the [...]
– two rooms stripped of paper
– books, toys, and furniture in family room
– kitchen cupboards full and ready for action
– many window treatments taken down. oh, what light!
– beautiful corner carved out in front of windows: antique secretary, antique cherry table, a spray of [faux] pussy willow, antique linen placemats, and a fun mix of [...]
William woke, I nursed him, Ryan and I chuckled quietly at his strong personality, then they both slipped back into sleep. Quietly, I found my warm slippers, grabbed Ryan’s sweatshirt, and padded down the carpeted hallway. The doorknob at hallway’s end opened without a sound as I made my way to the kitchen.
I’ve had a ridiculously hard time putting life into words lately — as you may have guessed, given the scarcity of writing here. I figured today would be a great time to jump back in, since today is one of those days when Life hands you an obvious writing topic:
Today I turn 29.
No, really. 29 [...]
How cute is he??